Do you really want to expand your wireless network for a quick expansion of your business? If yes, then setup a D-Link ethernet switch in your home or office for a reliable, stable, and fastest network speed. This amazingly designed ethernet switch is portable and can be placed anywhere or everywhere at your workplace or even at your home also.
Types of Dlink Ethernet Switch
By reading the heading “Types of Dlink Ethernet Switch,” you will come to know that here, we are going to describe different types of Ethernet switches.
Here, with the word “different types” we are indicating the different number of ports available on this high-speed networking gadget.
This networking device comes with a different number of ports(usually 5 ports, 8 ports, 16 ports or, 24 ports.) The more the number of ports present on the Dlink ethernet switch setup, the wide expanse of the network is feasible to establish.
According to this, there are four sorts of ethernet switches mentioned below:
- 5-Port Fast Ethernet Unmanaged Switch.
- 8-Port Fast Ethernet Unmanaged Switch.
- 16-Port Fast Ethernet Unmanaged Switch.
- 24-Port Fast Ethernet Unmanaged Switch.
Setup A Dlink Ethernet Switch – How it is Useful?
A device with a large number of ports allows you to add more and more networking gadgets such as:
- A computer/laptop,
- NAS Storage gadget.
- Routers etc.
Installation of the Dlink 5port Ethernet Switch (GO-SW-5G)
Here, we have enlisted a complete procedure to install this incredible networking device. So without wasting a single minute, let’s move on to the Dlink 5 Port Ethernet Switch Installation Guide. Have an instant look!
- Power on your switch and all the other intended networking devices that you wish to connect.
- Now take an Ethernet cable and plug it into an Ethernet network port on every networking gadget that you want to connect.
- Once you are done with it, now plug the second ends of the cables into the available free Ethernet ports present on the switch’s front.
- As we are explaining the installation guide of the 5 port ethernet switch that means while setup dlink ethernet switch, you will find 5 ports over there.
- Once you established a successful connection, you will find the green LED lights blinking next to the port numbers.
- While transferring data, you will find the green light as well when the transferring speed is 1000 Mbps, and 100 Mega-bytes per second (amber), and if the speed is 10 Mega-bytes per second, then there is no kind of light indication.
With the above-mentioned step, the process of installation 5 port Ethernet Switch is completed successfully.
Now, let’s step ahead to the D-link Ethernet Switch Setup process.
D-link Ethernet Switch Setup Process – Change Switch Settings!
Follow the below-mentioned steps for implementing a successful D-link Ethernet Switch setup process. Have a look!
- Configure your Ethernet switch.
- Once, the configuration is done, then connect the Ethernet switch WiFi network with your preferred system usually, a PC or a laptop.
- Now click on the PC’s menu bar >> Control Panel >> Network and Sharing.
- Follow the “on-screen” guidelines to change the settings of your favorite 5 port dlink ethernet switch.
- If you want, then you can change or modify the network frequency band. The choice is yours!
- Now search for the “homegroup” option and create an account.
- After making the required changes, click on the apply button.
By following all the above-listed steps, your Dlink Ethernet Switch setup process has been completed successfully.
Benefits of D-link Ethernet Switch
Well, this ethernet switch comes with unmatched advantages that you hardly find in other network expanded gadgets. Just go through them.
- Effortless High-Speed Networking
- Adjust Power Usage
- Reduces Energy Consumption Without Affecting Operational Performance.
- Reduced Heat
- Environmentally Friendly
- Energy Saving
- Offers an economical increase in the bandwidth of Gigabit Ethernet.