The firmware update is an essential part of the router. An updated firmware of the router gives excellent performance and more reliable Wi-Fi coverage to your home wireless network. Besides, it also fixes bugs and improves the router function. You can update the dlinkrouter.local firmware using two ways. One way is automatic firmware, and the other is the manual firmware update. Let see both the firmware update method.
Automatic Firmware Update
- First, download the latest version of the firmware for your router from the D-link center.
- Next, launch your favorite internet browser on your computer or laptop.
- Access the D-link router web setup page using the dlinkrouter.local web address.
- Now, the web page will take you to the D-link login page.
- Here, provide the D-link router login credentials-username and password.
- Type admin as the default username and left the password section blank.
- After this, the router web GUI screen will open.
- Tap on the Management option and then update
- Meanwhile, the firmware update screen will display.
- Press the Check for New Firmware
- It will automatically check the firmware update.
- Hit the Ok button if any new firmware update is available.
- Finally, you completed the automatic firmware update process.
Manual Firmware Update
If you want to update your router’s firmware manually, then carefully proceed with these mention steps.
- In the first step, move to your computer and open any preferred web browser.
- Then, you have to download the latest firmware of the router from the D-link download site.
- Save the downloaded firmware file on your computer desktop.
- Again launch the internet browser and enter dlinkrouter.local in the address bar.
- A login screen will be pop up and prompt for the default login credentials.
- Mention admin in the default username box and leave the password option blank.
- Click the Enter key, and a new screen will open up.
- Head over to the Tools tab on the top corner side of your device window screen.
- On the left corner hit the Firmware tab.
- Further, press the Browse option under the Firmware upgrade section.
- Hereafter, tap the upload button to upload the downloaded firmware file.
- Tap the Continue to proceed further.
How to reset the D-link router?
When you forget your D-link router login password, then you need to reset your router. Resetting of the router also fixes the technical issue of your router. Additionally, you can reset your D-link router within a few seconds. Follow the given steps to reset your router.
- Foremost, locate the reset button on the rear of your router.
- Use a paper clip or similar object to press the reset button.
- Press and hold the reset button.
- Release the reset button after 15 seconds.
- Now the D-link router will reboot automatically.
- At last, your router reset process complete.